Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Pulled In Many Directions

I have so many projects I want to finish, I want to start, I want to learn.  I'm just not a person to sit still and veg.  I have to have a project to do.  When I see friends and family state on facebook "I'm bored."  I don't even know what they are talking about.  I can always find something to do.  Boredom isn't in my realm of possibilities.

Right now I'm finishing up an afghan in a CAL on Ravelry.  I have a pattern for a hat that my daughter wants to learn how to crochet.  I have a pattern for some fingerless gloves I would love to start for myself since it's fricking cold out.  I've also challenged myself to learn some new techniques and patterns on my knitting machine.  Mainly socks since it's fricking cold out.  Yesterday, I was picking out cookie recipes to teach my young protégé.  Today I'm juggling finances so every thing is paid on time while I'm doing laundry.

When does someone have time to be bored?  I welcome a few minutes when I give myself permission to just sit and do absolutely nothing.

1 comment:

Jan said...

To me boredom is the most stressful thing we can experience so I also avoid it. I always have several projects going all at once. Sometimes I actually finish one. :-)