Sunday, January 30, 2011

One Bowl Chocolate Brownie Cookies


It was movie night last night and I wanted to try something new and something fast.  This fit the bill.

One Bowl Chocolate Brownie Cookies

6 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
6 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 1/4 cups sugar
3 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups chopped toasted walnuts -- optional


Oven to 325 degrees.

Microwave chocolates and butter in a large microwave bowl on HIGH, 1 1/2-2 minutes or until chocolate is almost melted, stirring halfway through heating time. Stir until chocolate is completely melted and smooth.

Stir sugar into chocolate until blended. Mix in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in nuts.

Drop by rounded tablespoons, 1 1/2" apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake 12 minutes or until set. Do Not Overbake. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from cookie sheets. Cool completely on wire racks.

Store in airtight container.

Lynne's Note:  I used toasted pecans, because I prefer them.  I only had semisweet chocolate and cut the sugar back by 2 tablespoons.  They were still very sweet.  I baked my cookies on a Silpat.  When I let the cookies cool the 5 minutes stated in recipe they were glued to the Silpat.  When I let the cookies cool for about 1 minute or so I could get the cookies off in one piece and looking nice.  Great quick recipe when you want something sweet now.

Cookie on far right is the one I waited only a minute or 2 for the cookie to firm up enough that I could take it off the Silpat.  The bottom of cookie stayed intacted for a nice cookie cookie.  The cookies on the left I waited the 5 minutes and they were stuck.  Cookie at the bottom left is an example of most of that batch looked like.  I would scrap what was left of the cookie and squish it to the bottom.  Don't get me wrong nobody poo pooed the cookies whatever shape they were in.  They were very good.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Oh boy, what deep dark chocolate cookies you made. I love that this is all one bowl, less mess, no fuss. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog right now and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your cookies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/01/sweets-for-saturday-2.html