Thursday, January 13, 2011

Crocheting For A Cause

I found out that the Special Olympics needed crocheted scarves for this year's event.  The California chapter had only 45 and needed at 1000.  So, I thought why not help out.  I went on my quest of the 2 specific colors of yarn needed for the project.  Red Heart yarn is not hard to find.  What I found out though is Red Heart Supersaver Blue 886 is hard to find.  I looked at 3 Michaels, 2 Walmarts, 2 Joanns and 1 Beverlys when I decided that I wasn't going to do the project afterall.  I couldn't fine the blue yarn.  I really struggled with myself.  I could order 2 skeins of yarn from Red Heart and pay shipping.  Hopefully, they'd get here in a timely manner.  I decided I wasn't going to order yarn.  I have other charity projects to work on and I shouldn't beat myself up about not wanting to order a special color of blue yarn.  It still weighed heavy on my mind.

Today after my machine knitting class I decided that there was one more Beverlys kind of out of the way, but not that far.  I drove over and low and behold they had Blue 886.  I was so excited!  I will be working on making some scarves for the California Chapter of the Special Olympics.

No comments: