Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Cheddar Potato Slices

Made 3 batches of this molten lava potato recipe in December. I make this when scalloped potatoes are called for. I just find scalloped potatoes to be so bland and uninteresting. This recipe from Campbell's soup is flavorful, cheesy and easy to make. It's never been bumped up against a pan of scalloped potatoes until my machine knitting December luncheon. 2 people were asked to bring "Scalloped Potatoes." I volunteered knowing I'd bring "Cheddar Potato Slices" disguised as "Scalloped Potatoes." When I went to get my pan to clean it up and bring home any leftovers mine was practically licked clean. The pan of Scalloped Potatoes was about 75% full. I rest my case.

Cheddar Potato Slices
Recipe from: Campbell's Soup
Servings: 4
10 ¾ ounces mushroom soup
½ teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon pepper
4 medium baking potatoes, (about 2 pounds), cut ¼ inch thick
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded

Preheat oven to 400°F.
Combine soup, paprika, and pepper in small bowl.
In greased 2-quart oblong casserole, arrange potatoes in overlapping rows. Sprinkle with cheese. Spoon soup mixture over. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes more or until potatoes are fork tender.

2 comments:

Jan said...

My mother and her friends used Campbell soup for so many of their recipes. There was a time when I thought I was so superior by making my own sauces.

I wasn't. Campbell does it better.

Lynne said...

http://www.mommyskitchen.net/

Found a blog I'm really enjoying. Check out the above link. Last night I made her Chicken Fried Steak and we're still rubbing our bellys and saying, "That was good" the next day.