Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Funny Craigslist "Free Yarn" Ad

Free Yarn (Sackets Harbor)


Date: 2012-01-25, 4:38PM EST
Reply to: sale-4n2pf-2817981201@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]


I have three skeins of Red Heart Baby Clouds yarn that I am never, ever, ever going to use. They can be yours for free! Two of them are in the color "Pink Lemonade," which I'm sure you can imagine, and the third is "Peaceful Dreams," which is a blend of purple and blue and pink. They look adorable together for baby items for a little girl. This yarn is size 6 (Super Bulky), 100% acrylic, and machine wash and dry. Each skein is 6 oz/140 yards.

One caveat, though: This yarn is NOT good for knitting.

These skeins are taking up space in my small home and I want them gone, as they have already given me both heartache and finger-aches and now they are also making me feel guilty because I don't want to use them for anything ever again. This yarn will tangle and split and make you crazy. Your spouse might consider hauling you to the doctor for anger issues and depression if you try to use it as Red Heart intended. Perhaps it's possible to crochet with this yarn; I don't know since I can't crochet, but I suspect you'd run into the same problems as I did with knitting.

HOWEVER, there are still many uses to which you might be able to put this yarn if you want to (I don't!). For instance, you could:
1. Give it as a gift to a knitter whom you secretly hate.
2. Let your cat play with it.
3. Give it to your kids for arts and crafts - or just give it to your kids to play with and then have them untangle it afterwards. They will be occupied for hours.
4. Use it as stuffing for some other object (it is very fluffy and soft).
5. If you are moving, use it instead of bubble wrap for cushioning delicate objects.
6. Maybe you like a challenge? Embark upon the most painful knitting project you've ever done.
7. Use it in place of ribbons for gift wrapping.
8. Play a practical joke on someone by wrapping one of their valued possessions in this yarn. This will be a great joke as it will take ages to remove whatever you put in there.

You get the idea. There's lots of opportunity here if you are creative.

If you are planning to do something extra cool with this yarn and if I like you, I will even consider knitting something (NOT with this yarn!) just for you as a thank you for taking it off my hands.

Pickup only, please.

  • Location: Sackets Harbor
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 2817981201

No comments: