Sunday, April 26, 2009

My posts have been scarce

I've got a few things to post, but due to my computer in great need of repair posting a blog has been like wrestling an anaconda. OK maybe that wouldn't be survivable... a baby anaconda. Highly annoying and you break a sweat. Putting pictures with a post on my computer has been like trying to change lanes in rush hour traffic in San Francisco! Nearly impossible.

My computer has been in great need of a reformat and reinstallation of software since October of 2007. I promptly back up all my items and got ready. Getting DH ready that is another question. I keep hearing.... "my emails!!! I'll lose all my emails!!!" I've even told him he could lose them any day if we don't get the computer fixed due to a crash.

We've shared a computer for 19 years and it hasn't really been a problem, but I'm thinking it might be time to get our own computers. OK me get my own computer. We have completely different views on broken stuff. I was raised when something breaks fix it. He was raised to limp along and make due. Even break out some duct tape if needed. I was raised to avoid duct tape at all costs unless I'm working on a duct.

So, with an examination of our funds we'll see what happens. Computer fix or my own computer.

1 comment:

CathyR said...

Evidently my husband was raised like yours. I now have a "pretty" (and I use the term loosely) duct tape patch on the trunk of my car. It seems he backed into a pole and now there is a hole in the plastic bar on the trunk. His solution, duct tape.

I hope you get your new computer.