Friday, September 2, 2011

If You Knit Or Crochet Join Ravelry

It's free and I really have a good time over there talking to other fiber lovers.  Someone I discoved over there is PlanetJune.  She makes the most adorable amigurumi.  What is that exactly?  The word is derived from a combination of the Japanese words ami, meaning crocheted or knitted, and nuigurumi, meaning stuffed doll.

My first experience with June was her Groundhog pattern.  I don't know why, but he was so adorable I had to make him.  I've made several of her patterns since.  She did a free pattern a while back that looked fun.  It was the apple.  This pattern like the groundhog was so adorable that when I'd show my finished product to friends and family they'd want it!  I had to keep a close eye on them or my daughter would snitch them.  In fact where are they?  Have I let my guard down?

Well, now June has a new pear pattern and has created a "Fruit-A-Long" on Raveley.  The "Fruit-A-Long" refers to making her fruits along with other people.  Sharing your experience of making them and then photos of your finished crocheted fruit.

I'm hoping you'll join Ravelry, look up PlanetJune and join in the fun.

No comments: