Sunday, May 22, 2011

Camera Shy and Hopeful

Happiness is a fresh clean poodle.  Yes, I'm kissing my poodle.


Little Star Miles or Piddle Star Miles as we like to call her these days is being camera shy. Thought I'd let you see how well she doing. Considering she's had a rough few months. She's been poked, prodded, medicated, fed unusual foods, and sprayed by a skunk.


Today was the ultimate insult though... she got another bath.  She's been drinking so much water lately (side effect of one of her meds) she sleep pees occasionally; hence, early morning bath.  We've been picking her water up around 10 pm, but she seems to already be full of water by then.  New plan is the Vet told me back in January (when she wouldn't drink water and I had to force/trick/bribe her) that a poodle her size should drink 25 ounces of water a day.  The plan is we measured out 25 ounces of water into her bowl and that is all she gets today.  We'll see how that goes.  I wonder how long it will take her to drink that much.  My first instinct is I would hate it if someone told me I couldn't have a drink if I was thirsty.  On the other hand if I were peeing the bed I guess I would rather have my water cut back than be kicked out of the bed.

Update:  Spoke to Vet office today about a towel donation and thought I'd ask about my water plan.  They said an hour after dinner just pick up the water dish.  That no she doesn't need more than the normal amount of water.  The 25 ounces that I gave her lasted just until after dinner.  So, that worked out well.


Despite having been bathed she's in very good spirits.  She's eating well.  She's put on some weight slowly inching up to the 23 pounds that she should be.  We are hopeful she has many more years with us.  We go for a car ride every day.  We go for a walk every day.  We're enjoying our poodle every day.

No comments: