Friday, July 9, 2010

Dear Pete and Jeanne,

I really miss you!  I went out to their grave site to see if their head stone was there.  My first thought was they had to have gotten the years wrong of their death.  I just doesn't seem like they've been gone for 2 years.  It feels like five.  They were dear dear people and I feel so blessed to have gotten as many years as I did with them.

When we moved to Orangevale first one to greet us was Pete.  He basically said, "Hi I'm Pete and I'm 80 years old and my wife is 70."  My first thought was we're not going to get much time with them, so we better cherish every moment.  Believe it or not we got 16 years with them. 

I remember Pete inviting us over to meet Jeanne.  She asked, "Are you newlyweds?"  I said, "Oh no we've been married for 3 years."  Pete laughed and said, "We've been married for 43 years."  My husband laughed and said, "I guess we are newlyweds."  We lived directly across the street from Pete and Jeanne with their loving eyes upon us.  Never intrusive.  They watched us start our family and got to know our kids into their teens.  When Jeanne's eyes got bad my daughter would go across the street and read to Jeanne.  When they wanted to paint their house they called me over to help them pick out colors.  Pete said, "Well, I figure you're really the one that has to look at it."  Sometime I think I'll never meet nicer people.  But having met Pete and Jeanne lets me know there are a lot of nice people out there.

No comments: