Saturday, March 27, 2010

My Love Affair with Cranberry and Orange Continues

Not just my love for Cranberry and Orange continues with this recipe, but my love for bread machines also continues.
In November my bread machine of 19 years died.  Yes, indeedy I had it for 19 years.  It worked great up until... well... it didn't.  It just stopped kneading and mixing.  Big problem in bread machine world considering thats one of the big reasons for having it.  A lot of the time that is the only thing I want it to do is make dough.  I'll bake the dough in the oven using my shaped pans.

Christmas and my parents to the rescue.  I got a new machine for Christmas courtesy of my parents.  I really didn't know how much I used my bread machine until I didn't have one to use.  Especially, during November and December.  I am counted on to make homemade rolls.  I love doing it.  Everyone enjoys them so.  I learned over the years to get a batch started by hand and one in the bread machine.  This year I had to make 6 batchs all by hand.


With my new bread machine I've been trying new recipes.  I read about this Cranberry Orange Breakfast Bread and had to try it.  As you know I love love love orange and cranberry together in a recipe.  This turned out great!  Toasted with a little butter or pumpkin butter made for a great treat in the morning.

Cranberry Orange Breakfast Bread

Servings: 12
1 1/8 cups orange juice
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons honey
3 cups bread flour
1 tablespoon dry milk powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1 teaspoon salt
1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
1 tablespoon grated orange zest
1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select cycle; press Start. If your machine has a Fruit setting, add the cranberries and nuts at the signal, or about 5 minutes before the kneading cycle has finished.
These ingredients are waiting for the beep to add them later in the mixing and kneading process, so they don't get too beat up.

Dough is mixing and starting to form a nice ball.

I've added the cranberries, nuts, and zest.  They are getting a last whirl to mix into bread dough.
Done mixing and ready to start rising.
Dough has risen nicely and ready to start baking.  I better close the lid as to not let all the heat out.

Bread fit for a King!  You'll really feel pampered when eating this.

No comments: