Sunday, October 4, 2009

Allison at Homecoming


Allison went to a dance with friends. All are from the Cross Country team except the tall girl in black and white. She's on the golf team. So, it's a group of athletes.


This is the 2nd time Allison has worn a dress since she put her foot down and said, "No dresses" when she was about 3 years old. Sometimes Allison will see a picture of herself in a dress in the first three years of life and complain, "I can't believe you made me wear a dress." I remind her the minute she had opinions about her own clothing choices I let her take over.


The last time she wore a dress willingly was when she was the flower girl at her Aunt and Uncles wedding. She was very happy to be asked to do that for them. She was up to the responsibilities like wearing a dress. No complaints. Fortunately, they let her pick out anything she wanted. I guided her as to what would be proper for a wedding and she made a great choice and it was a great day for all.


As for the Homecoming dance everyone looked great and I hear everyone had a great time.

1 comment:

Jan said...

She looks so charming in a dress, but you're right, we have to let them make choices.