Tuesday, June 2, 2009

May's Christmas Card Challenge Completed

I now have 25 of my 50 card goal done. It's usually December 15th by the time I hit this mark. That's when I start deciding who gets a store bought card and who gets a handmade card. By then I know I'll never get 50 done and I'm tired of trying. This new plan of making 5 cards each month until November worked out so well last year I decided to do it again this year.
This month I used a ghosting technique I learned about 5 years ago. I couldn't quite remember how I did it. With some experimentation while I listened to the short story "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" (free on www.librivox.com by the way) on my iPod I figured out how to do it.
Later I found a tutorial for this technique on Split Coast Stampers. The technique is called Ghosting. As the tutorial said, "It's not scary at all." It was very easy. I had all the materials and tools and was able to crank out 5 cards easily in an hour. The length of F. Scott Fitzgerald's short story "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" by the way. Did I enjoy the story... that's another post. I very much enjoy making my cards with the Ghosting technique.

2 comments:

Jan said...

I'm going to use your plan. I make Christmas wreaths for our local arts council holiday fundraiser. This year I am going to start in June and enjoy doing them more than I have.

Adornit Chix said...

That is a very beautiful card! Thank you for sharing :)