Saturday, June 30, 2012

Jillian Michael's Podcast - Start From The Beginning

I started listening to Jillian Michael's Podcast not because I particularly liked her, but I did like her no nonsense approach to fitness.  She doesn't put up with whining and backs her exercise opinions up with facts.  I started listening to her podcasts from the first one she did.  I frequently listened to her podcasts when I worked out by myself.  One tip keep a scrap of paper and pen around when listening.  You'll want to take a note or two occasionally.  I had my workout sheets in my storage clipboard that I'd take to the gym.  In my clipboard I keep my workout sheets, a pen, hair ties, a tissue or 2 and chapstick.

It took me several months to get up to current on her podcast, but with every entry she would answer a question I had in the back of my mind.  The first question I had was what sort of diet should I go on?  Her answer don't go on a diet.  Eat healthy, eat clean (organic when you can) and don't eat more calories than your body needs.  Simple.  I can do that.  Sometimes I do feel like I've restricted myself too much and I feel a little crazy like there is nothing in the world I can eat.  That's when I take a deep breath and get out an old Weight Watcher cookbook and make a few recipes.  It reminds me that the world is open to so many possibilities.  My latest recipes came from "Take-Out Tonight."  I made 2 of the italian recipes.  I took them into my trainer to see what she thought.  She thought they looked good just watch the sodium.

My review of Jillian's Podcast is I like it.  Her sidekick is a hoot and makes me laugh out loud.  Keep a pen handy and enjoy.

No comments: