Sunday, November 2, 2008

October's Christmas Card Challenge


I made six of these cards. They are a paper piecing project that was actually quite easy. I saw the card on Valita's Designs & Fresh Folds. I originally made the first card with background colors of my choice thinking they'd look great. BUT the original colors were so nice I ended up duplicating them as close as I could for the other 5 cards in my monthly challenge. I printed out the pattern and it came out the perfect size to use right away. I clicked out the circle first. Then holding it over a scrap piece of paper I clipped out each package for a template. Keep the upper portion of template to use for placement of packages on your pattern paper circle. For the base pattern paper circle.... I don't have nestabilities, but I do have CM circle cutters and finding the size I needed it to work out great. On the burgundy top piece of ornament I actually dusted off a pair of pattern scissors. They were fun to play with and made me wonder why do so many people (including myself) pooh pooh pattern scissors. They do have their place in crafting. I inked the edges of everything except the ribbon using a finger dauber. I liked the subtleness of this look.

1 comment:

CathyR said...

Awesome card Lynne. I may have to scraplift that one.